Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tender Mercies

Today my mom called me.

Since getting my first cell phone three years ago talking to my mom has been a nearly daily occurance. We talked about the house plans. We talked about food. We talked about the family. We talked about work. We talked about school. We talked about movies, vacations, and books. We pretty much talked about everything. We got mad at each other. We laughed.

Daily.

Even when I didn't have time to talk or didn't have words to say or didn't want to share how I felt about things. We talked.

My parents left on a business trip to Europe last Friday. They called the next day at 6am when everyone was sleeping and Dad left a voice mail pretending to be a ghost having perished in a plane crash. That was the last I heard from them.

I've missed them. I mentioned it to Lorri, who has been talking to them. Daily. She passed the message on and mom called me this morning!

She had perfect timing. The van I take to work every morning meets in a UTA parking lot and we leave at 5:40 every morning. This morning they were about 15 minutes late. Mom called right as I was parking at 5:37. I got to talk to her until my van came and until her ride came to get her on the other side of the world.

Perfect timing.

It made me loved and comforted and happy in one fell swoop. Tender Mercies of the Lord.

I love my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment