Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Space Cadet


Image from here.

I have been a space cadet this entire week. Here are a few of my shenanigans and goings on:

1.) I saw a goat standing on a pile of gravel. He really was king of the hill. Goats do that sort of a thing. I thought it was a kind of myth, like: are elephants really afraid of mice and do goats really stand on the highest surface they can find?

Food for thought.

Food. For. Though.

2.) I had an entire herd of cattle stare at me. Every cow, steer, bull, and calf was checking me out.

I was wearing tight running pants...but somehow I don't think they were intersted in my awesome hind quarters.

3.) I showed up to work without a scrubs top. I had the bottoms on but not the top.

Luckily, I was wearing a t-shirt under my non-existant scrubs top.

Whew!

4.) I made a cake from a box mix and was really confused by the thick, paste-like consistency. After smearing it into my cake pan, I re-read the baking instructions and discovered that the mix required not only eggs and oil, but water also.

After that life-giving, liquid miricle was added, the cake batter became a more normal consistancy and there was much rejoicing.

Yay.

5.) I put the finished cakes in my car so that they can cool/freeze tonight. I'm sort of afraid that the cake will end up being mostly frosting as I attempt to layer everthing and it falls to bits because each layer is actually too thin.

Frosting is good, right?

Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be.

Even if it is just a frosting avalanche.

1 comment: