Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lord, I Would Follow Thee

Savior may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee--
Lord, I would follow thee.

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.

I would be my borther's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
Tot he wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper--
Lord, I would follow thee.

Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strenght, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother--
Lord, I would follow thee.

Text: Susan Evans McCloud


How can I be my brother's keeper, love him, and refrain from judging him when he is harming his soul with sin and is unhappy? I want nothing more in the world than to see him happy, but I can't force change in another person. I suppose the only option I have is to pray, persist, and endure.

Wish me luck and pray for my brother -- he is your brother too.

No comments:

Post a Comment