Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Day Dawning

Gold light of morning filters through a crack in the wall.
Dust dances on the liquid shaft of light and I smile.
In my mind, a million miles away, I am happy.
In my mind, right here, I dance in the golden rays of the sun.
And I smile.
I’ve left behind the life I did not love and in its place I can replace my special place of golden light where dust dances on air and I am happy in my mind with my past far behind, a million miles behind.
Ahead of me is only air. The air I breathe; in and out with the happy rhythm of blood pumping through my veins to my heart.
I can see my heart dance under my skin as I lay here – still and quiet, focused only on the air going in and out of me; becoming part of me.
With my beating heart to set the tempo, I dance the dance of youth and sing the song of life.
I was born with this song and although I will not always dance, I will die with this song still resonating with the beat of my heart until that, like my youth, fades into oblivion.
Gold light changes with the morning, turning white -- but not less pure.
The day progresses, as days do, when all of a sudden it is night and my mind drifts into oblivion.
New day dawning gives me hope.
Today is a day for living and leaving the past behind – a million miles behind – and loving every heartbeat.
So I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment