Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Friday, July 3, 2009

25 Things About Yours Truely

This is something I put together some time ago in response to a Facebook craze. I generally abstain from Facebook crazes (I started Facebooking back when only college students could get accounts and it was just a networking site for sharing photos and sending quick messages; before superpoke, before advertisements, and way before the crazy applications). This one, however, reached out to me after I partook in the fruits of my friends's labor and lives and loves. So, here it is: 25 things about me taken directly from my Facebook notes.

1. Nearly none of my socks are just “white.” I have socks for nearly every holiday as well as just some plain old randomly decorated socks. My least favorite are the kissing snowmen socks – I think I got rid of them. My favorite are the fall leaves socks.
2. My favorite season is autumn.
3. I love the smell and sound of crunchy leaves.
4. I love the way the wind feels.
5. Halloween is my favorite because it’s the one night of the year when pumpkins rule and you can dress up as anything you have ever wanted to be. Plus, free candy from strangers – how cool is that?!
6. I write poems when sad or angry or in a goofy mood so all of my poetry is kind of weird.
7. I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I can remember – literally. I can remember being three and asking my mom where food goes once it’s swallowed and being completely fascinated by her explanation.
8. I stopped smiling when I was ten and had to learn how again when I was 16.
9. I was so painfully shy through high school that I was always surprised when anyone spoke to me because I thought that I had actually achieved invisibility. I’m still caught off guard a lot of times when people remember me and talk to me.
10. Scary movies really freak me out and I refuse to watch them because I know that I will scream or freak out in the middle.
11. I talk during movies. And TV shows.
12. I love music, nothing can move me quite as much as a rock song with a really good strings sequence.
13. Cooking for an audience is one of my very most favorite things to do. I own three aprons.
14. I have never “dated” anyone and at 22 I am VL. It’s my assumption that the first guy I allow to get that close will be the one I hold onto forever, but maybe that’s just the romantic in me talking gibberish.
15. I drive a 15 passenger van everywhere.
16. It is my dream to one day ride a giant Galapagos tortoise in the Galapagos.
17. My eyes change color when I’m angry, sad, or wear green.
18. I am an undeniable romantic in every way. It’s almost debilitating. I cry in movies when something sweet is said or done and I cry when I hear how someone proposed and I cry when I see wedding photos – it’s all so beautiful and happy.
19. My favorite color and food changes almost daily but my favorite gum has been Orbit’s Sweet Mint for a very long time now.
20. I am allergic to scents. I have to put perfume in my hair or on my clothes instead of on my skin because it makes me break into rash immediately that itches and burns at the same time. I have had to forgo using scented laundry detergent and softener as well as most lotions and body washes.
21. Nothing in the world could ever smell as sweet as the air after summer rain.
22. My favorite flowers are lilacs, gardenias, and roses.
23. My dad thinks it’s weird that I like spending time with cadavers. My anatomy students think it’s weird that I will hold a brain with no problem but if I see a hair on a cadaver or specimen that is not supposed to be there I freak and get all grossed out.
24. When I was little I didn’t know what color my hair was because it has brown, blonde and red in it so I used to call it “rainbow” hair.
25. I am utterly terrified of poisonous spiders. Whenever I see a black widow or brown recluse I get so scared I cry and can’t move. This is a pretty sad affliction seeing as how we have lots of black widows around my house and my brothers think it’s funny to chase me with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment