Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Monday, November 29, 2010

I Love Snow

I love snow.

When people complain and bash the snow, I am always quick to defend its loveliness. Perhaps it's my Scandinavian heritage. I don't know. I just love it.

Things I love about snow:

1.) Fresh snow crunches underfoot in the most satisfying manner.

2.) Snow can be brushed off so that it doesn't soak through your coat and into your bones like rain can -- rain never gives you a chance. I love rain too, though.

3.) When it snows the whole world goes quite and all of nature stops to pay heed to this most special precipitation.

4.) Snow ball fights, snow angels, Calvin and Hobbes style snowmen. Nuff said.

5.) It sparkles.

6.) Cold weather allows for the appreciation of warmth. And, oh, how I appreciate warmth!

7.) The air tastes cold and refreshing after it snows and breath hangs in a cloud of dense vapor.

8.) Sledding!

9.) Snow means it's time for hot chocolate and oven s'mores. Mmmm, oven s'mores.

10.) Standing still and watching the snow fall in crazy dance spirals back-lit by a yellow street lamp as all the world sleeps and a person can be alone but far from lonely wrapped in a thick blanket of water. Magic.

Here are a few photos I took today. I was positively giddy with delight all morning!




















No comments:

Post a Comment