Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Zammity


I have a cool name.

My first name is an adaptation of the name of an ancient city. It was sometimes a very good and prosperous city. It was sometimes a very wicked and tumultuous city.

My first name suits me very well.

My middle name is a family heirloom. I am the fifth generation to carry the name and I will pass it on to my second daughter. It is old and traditional. It is lovely, in it's way.

I love the history it tells.

My last name is often misspelled and mispronounced. It is simple and straight-forward with a flair of tradition that makes it unique. No extra fuss necessary, however, its simplicity is what often gets it into trouble with those who attempt to see more than what is actually there or fail to see it for what it is.

It is a good name with sturdy foundations.

I am ZAM. A collection of my names; my names which suit me, define me, and will someday change me. I hope to change gracefully into whatever combination of the alphabet my last name becomes. However, for the time being, I am still ZAM.

I love being ZAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment