Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seven Miracles in One Day


1.) The clouds have parted and the fogs of depressed thought have lifted. For now, at least.

2.) I was able to drive safely despite car trouble.

3.) My migraine finally subsided.

4.) My butternut squash soup turned out great. A little spicy; just the way I like it!

5.) We put the first of our possessions in the new house: two cast iron pans and a wok. Can you guess which room will be outfitted first?

6.) I found a favorite earring I thought had been lost forever. The rejoicing was great!

7.) I understood, a little more, what it means to endure.

There are so many days that I forget just how amazing it is to be alive. The simple fact that a zygote was created, implanted, thrived, grew and became a person is a miracle. The fact that any number of childhood diseases, accidents, or potentially disastrous choices didn't take your life early on is a miracle. The simple fact that we are each so unique and yet so similar is a miracle.

The sad reality is that I often overlook and simplify these miracles into mere serendipity. I rarely take the time to examine just how wonderful it is to enjoy a moment of solitude or respite.

I devalue myself and limit my ability to see the world as God sees it: full of potential, beauty, and miracles.

What a miracle it would be if we could always see with the eyes of a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment