Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthday Eve



Tonight is my Birthday Eve.

My Birthday sits two weeks after Christmas Eve and one week after New Year's Eve. Let's face it, the eve is the best part of both those holidays. So, following the calender on down, it stands to reason that my birthday be the third and final holiday in the set continuing the trend of warm fuzzies, good food, and anticipation for what is yet to come. It's all over by the next day and then the day after that all of the celebration is old hat and everyone wants to be getting on with their lives.

So, if my birthday is like Christmas Eve, then today was like Christmas Eve Eve -- full of anticipation for the most anticipated night of the year! Hooray!

I'm actually really jazzed about turning older.

If was an old maid by Mormon cultural standards last year, then I must be ancient this year! I'm really breaking the mould here by not being married yet. Muahahahaha! Look at me flaunting my age at my younger, married counter-parts.  I guess this makes me nonconformist and liberal. Meh. I think I can live with that.

The best thing is: age becomes me.  Physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and all other descriptive terms ending in "-ally." I feel great and look more amazing every passing day. My peak is still very far ahead of me and I plan on scaling this cliff for a long time. At this rate there will be no Over The Hill party in my future at 40, but I may reach one summit by 60.

So, tomorrow I will be celebrating. I will be celebrating new starts, better tomorrows, and huge accomplishments in becoming the best me I can be. Tomorrow marks another beginning. The beginning of a pretty big adventure: life.

I'm so hopped up on anticipation, I can barely sleep!

And maybe, just maybe, Birthday Claus will bring me presents tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment