Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

To Sum It Up...


If 2010 could be summed up in one word, for me that word would be Healing.

I've traveled quite a bit, sought refuge from my burdens via family, friends, religion, and science. There were times when I was wealthier than ever before, and then there were times when I was broke beyond reason. There where times when my heart soared, and then there were times when it was crushed. There were times when I thought I had all of the answers and could conquer everything, and then there were times when getting out of bed seemed an insurmountable task. There were times when I felt healthier and more well than I have in my whole memory, and then there were times when I was more sick and plagued by mystery illnesses that couldn't be pin-pointed by my doctors. There were times when I felt spiritually lost and forgotten, and then there were times when I knew my plan and God's love for me without a doubt.

Epitomizing all of these is the idea of a grand healing.

My mind, body, soul, personal relationships with others, myself, and my God have never been more whole. Cures have been made available for most of my ailments and although they have not been without their own considerable discomforts, they have worked as well as can be expected. Although I still have a long way to go, the benefit of this last year is far greater than that of any of its predecessors in my life.

It's amazing to think how far I have come.

But more amazing yet, to know how much further there is to go.

Looking toward this new year, I feel only a sense of Preparation. This is the gateway to the rest of my life.

Let's get on with it, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment