Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Monday, January 3, 2011

It's My Sort of Week

I don't typically enjoy celebrating my birthday.

There's something about being the center of attention that I shy away from.

In fact, I mostly enjoy celebrating in a combined party with combined groups of friends so that I can share the spot light avoid getting washed out on my own.

This year is the first year since I turned 16 that I will have so many of my family together in the same place. We're just missing William on his LDS mission in Brazil and Adam on his mission on the Other Side.

I feel like celebrating!

Even if only a handful of people attend the party I'm throwing myself on the day after my birthday, I will be a happy little duckling!

I'll be 24 on Friday.

What a nice number.

Divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 24.

It has a nice feel. I will not miss being 23, it feels weird. Prime numbers are difficult to parse.

Hahahahaha! I just made myself giggle!

Anyway.

Here's a little poem I wrote about myself. It is to commemorate my birthday and it is all about me because this is my blog and I can do that.

Mwahahahahahahaha! I am drunk on power!!!

I was born a week late,
But was thought a month early.
I was jealous of my sister
Because her hair was naturally curly.

My glares are family famous
As is my massive temper.
When my sisters were first married,
I made my brothers-in-law whimper.

I know a thing or two
About anatomy and science.
I'm teased for being churchy
In Nazi Mormon compliance.

Photography and hiking
Are budding interests yet,
But I complain quite loudly
If basic comforts are not met.

Baking, crafts, and music
I can do a million things.
The only thing I cannot do
Is fly on sprouted wings.

Have a great week!  I know I will.


I just like this picture.

Magnolia flower!

I love magnolias!

No comments:

Post a Comment