Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time

My heart hurts tonight.

For the last two weeks I've had nothing but a great time surrounded by people I love and who love me. Tomorrow I have to say "Goodbye for now," to three of my favorites.

It's hard.

But if there is one thing I've learned over the last year, it's that I can do hard things.

Looking at time as relative only to the human experience also makes it easier. We're all plugged in to this divine wheel of existence, but only see part of it right now. One moment at a time. In that moment, there is only enough room to be one thing at a time. One emotion. One thought. One role. A collection of moments layered onto one another creates the infinite depth of personality we see in each individual. It is in this ocean of depth that we perceive one another.

It's a wonder that anyone can look out of their own fascinating mind long enough to find others, much less connect with them and understand them at all.

But we do.

And it is beautiful.

So, here's looking forward to the moment in time during which we connect again. Whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment