Poetry and musings of a zany Mormon girl who is very proud of her Erda roots.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turning on the Charm



Working in a plasma center has been an unexpected boost to my self esteem. Roughly 79% of our donors are men and most of them are middle aged. I smile and say witty things so they won't be nervous about a newbie poking sharp metal under their skin. They remark on how nice I am and go out of their way to talk to me the next time they come in to donate.


By now I recognize most of the regulars and they know to expect a bit of fluff conversation in passing whenever I check their machine or work with them. I have a system and it works for me. I am liked.


Every once in a while I'll make a special impression and someone will be sure to remark on my "pretty eyes" or call me "sweetheart" or "beautiful" but mostly they just light up when I smile at them.


I think it's good fun.


As long as I don't develop any stalkers.


Which could happen.

*shudder* 

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahah!!!! I hope you don't get any stalkers.

    ReplyDelete